Home // Economic Development // Area Business News // Area News // Ruhlin Co. builds on 100 years of construction history

Ruhlin Co. builds on 100 years of construction history

1/20/2015

Some 100 years ago, John G. Ruhlin and brothers Charles and Edward, all masons, submitted the winning bid for their first major project: Creston School.

The fledgling Ruhlin Brothers Construction Co. erected the 29,000-square-foot building in Wayne County for $30,000 — by one calculation that’s $701,438 in today’s dollars.

What those three brothers started in 1915 has since changed names several times and grown into The Ruhlin Co., a $200 million construction firm with some 90 salaried employees and as many as 450 hourly seasonal workers during peak warm-weather months. The headquarters, in Medina County’s Sharon Township, sits about 15 miles from that first school
project.

The company, with deep roots in Akron, is planning a yearlong celebration of its centennial.  For more information, click here.
Back to News