Moving Businesses Forward
Greater Akron's economic and business climate is ideal for growing businesses. This is the home of more than 21,000 businesses, including more than 150 Fortune 500 companies that have operations in the region.
The region boasts some of the world's leading liquid crystal and polymer research. Over 16,000 polymer industry employees live here, and Greater Akron is the nation's leading manufacturer of plastic processing equipment. Plus, Akron hospitals rank among the 50 best in U.S.
The Greater Akron Chamber's business development department will provide details on economic opportunities in the Northeast Ohio counties of Medina, Portage and Summit (Akron, OH PMSA) and assistance for new and expanding industry.
Greater Akron Chamber's Economic Development Services include:
- Complete orientation to the Greater Akron region.
- Site and building identification through our exclusive commercial real estate database.
- Comprehensive statistical data and information covering all aspects of the tri-county region.
- Liaison to local and state government contacts.
- Access to regional business leadership.
- Fixed asset financing programs through Industrial Revenue Bond Financing and Ohio Enterprise Bond Financing.
- Personal Support throughout the entire relocation or expansion process.
For additional information on how the Greater Akron Chamber can help, our professional economic development team is available to assist your business throughout the entire relocation or expansion process. You may also fill in our Available Site & Buildings Request Form.
Use the links below to learn more about the area where businesses come to grow.